The quick overview is this:
- Mike Brown and his team of lawyers completely out-lawyered lead Hamilton County Commissioner Bob Bedinghaus.
- The Bengals got one of this most lucrative sweetheart stadium deals ever.
- Mike Brown then hired Bob Bedinghaus, who is still currently employed by the team as a "Director of Business Development."
- As the financial problems mounted, the Bengals did offer to make a $40M concession, though with the caveat that they could get out of the contract in 2017, or 15 years before it is supposed to expire on 2032.
- The Bengals have now pulled this offer after a non-response from Hamilton County, who have set an August 31st deadline to respond.
- If you know Mike Brown personally, he is generally a nice guy.
- In his public life, however, Mike Brown often says things that make him come off as cold, without emotion and generally heartless.
- Mike Brown has surprised many by spending money on free agents this offseason, albeit ones with a history of questionable character decisions.