The Bengals moved to 6-0 in the AFC North in one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Quick hit thoughts, leave yours in the comments:
- I'm not going to knock the playcalling. There were a lot of runs, they were somewhat successful, Carson looked terrible, and the Browns are terrible offensively. Still, it's somewhat disturbing that this team refuses to step on the throat of inferior opponents. It cost them last week, it didn't this week, but either way that's not the mark of elite teams.
- Since Week 5, look at the Bengals' point totals: 17, 45, 17, 18, 17, 16. Outside of the Bears' game, the offense hasn't been acceptable. I think we all know 17 points per game won't get it done against the Colts, Patriots, or Chargers come January.
- Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall. Someone needs a find a way to lock these guys up as soon as possible.
- I had the Bengals' D in fantasy. 1 sack, no turnovers. Disappointment. Not that anybody else cares.
- Nice to see Andre Smith out there. Didn't see much from him either way, but it's still nice. Looks like they'll ease him into the lineup in tackle eligible alignments as the right tackle. He could be a nice upgrade on running downs in that regard.
- The Shaun Rogers/Carson play was terrifying. Can't believe Shayne can still kick a ball 52 yards.
- Glad to see the ball stay out of Josh Cribbs' hands. He's their only offense at times.
- Eric Mangini is so bad. I have no clue what he was complaining about at the end of the first half on the horsecollar play.