Well? What is there left to say? This team still has it's flaws (BRAD ST. LOUIS) and places it can improve (LONG SNAPPER) and will need to get better production in some spots (ESPECIALLY PLACES THAT ARE COMICALLY REPLACEABLE AND ONE MISTAKE SHOULD GET PEOPLE FIRED), but it's good to be in 1st place.
- I know it means very, very little in the grand scheme of things, but I'm so happy for Mike Zimmer. It's hard to imagine what he's been through over the last 72 hours. He's a great man and I'll be upset if he's still on the staff in 2010. Dude has earned a head coaching job somewhere.
- Carson Palmer. He still doesn't look right to me. I continue to believe they know something we don't about his elbow. Still, dude is a gamer. If Brett Favre was having Carson's season, ESPN would have imploded on itself by now. Peter King would have quit his job (where he makes stupid money, just ask him!) to serve as Favre's manservant. When the chips are down, our quarterback shows up. Not a whole lot more you can ask for.
- "Bigtime" Bubba Caldwell. SUCK IT HIMES, THIS GUY IS CLUTCH!!!!!!!
- Jonathan Joseph. He's not in the same class as Antonie Winfield or anything, but he's a physical corner. Love that.
- Leon Hall. You see him much? Me either. I'm guessing Derrick Mason (0 catches) saw plenty.
- Bob Braasdpfuihasdf. Sorry, TypePad refused to type his name under "Pros." He's gotten plenty of heat around here before, and will in the future (probably for this game), but I loved the fact that he put Carson in the gun so often. I didn't even get mad for the oh so obvious shovel pass. One thing though, Brat. When you throw an incompletion on 1st and 10, I'm pretty sure every team in the league knows it's a run coming on 2nd.
- The running game. It'd been 2006 since a back went for 100 against the Ravens. Cedric Benson did it. Big ups to him and the run blocking.
- Brad St. Louis. It's a joke he has a job.
- Shayne Graham. I know the snaps were bad, but at the end of the day the ball is right there for you to kick. Quit acting like such a douche and just kick the ball. You're not blame free there Franchise.
- Pre-snap penalties. Too many false starts. Could have gotten them beat easily.
- The Lions losing. I would have been in tears if they could have pulled it off.
- Daniel Coats. I know you're not known as a receiving tight end, but that's two game changing plays right through your hands sir.
All in all, 1st place. It feels good. I'm not sure I can handle 11 more games like this though.