This may come as a surprise to you all out there, but I'm not satisfied with how things are looking with the Bengals only 4 or so weeks away from training camp. As usual with this squad, the summer could very easily become another quagmire. This isn't WhoDeyRev's definitive preseason outlook. These are just my opinions, and I'm not an expert on anything besides your mom's ladyparts.
- Carson Palmer - His leadership skills are certainly healthy the way he's been talking lately. Now all we can do is pray Dr. Nick Riviera's holistic healing technique aka, rubbing butter on his elbow, actually holds up.
- DT Situation - I say that losing Thornton, gaining Tank, and giving a bigger bulk of the snaps to Sims is a formula for good interior line play.
- LB Situation - Keith Rivers should be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Rey Maualaga is crazy. No one is injured yet, so until that happens they're looking alright.
- Mike Brown - Still incompetent. Pay our draft picks and get them into camp. It isn't rocket science. The more practice they have before the season starts, the better the Bengals will be.
- HippopataSmith - The chance of a holdout is holding steady at about 99.9%. So that means the big guy will be ready by approximately 2010. Fantastic.
- Chad - If he doesn't get his timing down with Carson he's going to suck, again.
- Nickel Corner - David Jones BRINGS THE PHYSICALITY, and not much else. Morgan Trent was not a bright spot on a bad Michigan defense last year. Hob said the Bengals are intrigued with him like he's a riddle or something. Let's just say they are a little thin here.
- Bob Bratkowski - Let's hope that when he "threw out the playbook" after last year he actually drew up another one. This man has got Head Coach written all over him.